Technical Acceptance Procedures
Programs can be delivered in high-definition 1920x1080i or 720p with a file extension of mp4, mov or mpg. MPEG Files can also be delivered on a DVD MPEG 2 format on a DVD in 720x540i or 720x480i. Widescreen format is the preferable method to avoid stretching or the image being cut in standard definition.
A. Picture Quality/Technical Requirements
1. The picture must be in focus.
2. The picture must be free of excessive noise and grain.
3. Camera movement must appear reasonably smooth and continuous.
4. The picture must be stable and continuous - i.e. no jumps, movements, shifts in level or position.
5. The image needs to be level and not slopping upwards or downwards.
6. The subject filmed can’t be cut-off in the frame.
7. General composition rules are required.
B. Sound Quality/Technical Requirements
1. Sound levels need to be monitored correctly by the producer of the program.
All sound levels need to reach a minimum of -20 with peaks acceptable to -10. Audio that exceeds -10 or greater for longer periods of time will be distorted and may not be aired. Audio that is less than 2. 20 with be too low and may not be aired.
2. The audio must be free of spurious signals such as clicks, noise, hum and any distortion.
3. The audio must be reasonably continuous and smoothly mixed and edited